Action Through Enterprise (ATE) is a small, dynamic charity making a significant impact in Lawra Municipal, Upper West Region of Ghana. ATE has a long-term commitment to end poverty in Lawra, leaving no one behind.
We are looking for a kind, enthusiastic person to become ATE’s SNAP Coordinator with our Special Needs Awareness Programme (SNAP) working with disabled children and their families.
This exciting role will support ATE’s innovative and vital SNAP Programme and run a series of initiatives in our Inclusion Centre and outreach in the community.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating monthly SNAP group meetings in Lawra town, Dowine and Jirapa
- Running a Play Scheme for SNAP children in ATE’s Inclusion Centre
- Supporting community outreach work to enable disabled children to access
education and healthcare, and to enjoy their rights free from discrimination
- Supporting the SNAP Leader to run all areas of the SNAP Programme
The right candidate must:
- Have a considerable understanding of Special Needs Children and be open to learn more about them.
- Be opened minded, loving, caring, and sensitive to the needs of Special Needs Children and their families.
- Be a confident speaker and outstanding relationship-builder with all members of the community, from senior leaders to the most vulnerable
- Be able to organise and run engaging group activities with disabled children (experience of teaching would be an advantage but is not essential)
- The candidate must be quick to learn, be a positive team player and have some skills in ICT to enable them to perform higher roles if the need arises.
- The candidate must have a long-term commitment to this position as they will require time and expert training in the job. This candidate must one with a growth mentality, proactive, and innovative.
- Be motivated to speak out on behalf of disabled children and their families and make change in the community
- Have excellent spoken Dagaare and English language, and be literate in English
- Have access to a smart phone and motorbike to use at work
The role will be based in Lawra at the ATE Inclusion Centre with travel within the district to rural areas. The role is full time, including some work at weekends, with a starting salary of 600GhC per month and expenses paid for fuel and phone credit used for work.
To apply: please send a one pager letter explaining why you are the right person for this role along with your CV to Kaamil at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sun 7th February 2021