We are excited to be recruiting a Campaigns and Events Intern to join our small team for two days per week. The primary focus of the role is supporting with the design, day to day management, and delivery of ATE’s Campaigns for 2021.
ATE is a young, dynamic, non-governmental organisation making significant impact to reduce poverty and improve lives in Lawra Municipal, Upper West Region, Ghana.
The role would involve:
- Working with the ATE team to help plan and design the campaigns – themes, content, events, communications
- Supporting the management of campaign fundraising events, including regular communications with fundraisers and volunteers, liaising with events companies, and creation of resources
- Contributing to social media posts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), and designing images using graphic design software (Canva, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Drafting content, including case studies, short web articles, press releases, supporter emails, case studies, etc
For the right candidate, this could be a wonderful opportunity to gain a wide range of skills and make a positive contribution to a growing organisation which is carrying out outstanding work in Lawra, Upper West Ghana.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Passionate about making a difference in the world
- Excellent at reaching out to people, relationship building
- Creative (design skills are a bonus but not essential)
- Good understanding of social media
- Has excellent IT skills
- Happy to work on a wide range of tasks
- Open minded with a desire to learn and grow
- Confident, personable and an outstanding communicator
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
This is an unpaid voluntary position, but we will be willing to cover any travel expenses and fund external training opportunities where they are appropriate. This role is also a remote position – the candidate will work 2 days per week from home – but when government restrictions are lifted some work in the UK Office (Ramsbury, Wiltshire) or the Inclusion Centre (Lawra, Ghana) would be possible, if desired (this is not compulsory). Flexible working hours can also be discussed.
This internship is a minimum of three months, ideally beginning in April/May, with the possibility of extension. Objectives will be set at the beginning of the placement, making use of relevant skills and experience and focusing on areas of interest.
We believe our work and our team is stronger and more capable of amplifying the voices of the community we serve in Lawra, by encouraging applicants for this role from Lawra as well as internationally, and by ensuring diversity of representation, skills and experience. ATE is committed to equal opportunities. However you identify, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested, please fill in the Google Form here by the application deadline of Friday 9th of April at 5pm. If you have any questions at all about the role or difficulties with the Google Form, please email Tara at email@example.com .
We look forward to hearing from you!