You can help ATE by taking part in a fundraising challenge!
Thank you for considering Action Through Enterprise (ATE) as your chosen charity to raise money for through a physical fundraising challenge. Whether you’re running marathon or taking part in a team fun run, fundraising challenges are an excellent way of raising money and awareness for ATE! For whatever help or support you need, get in contact at email@example.com!
Download the get-involved-about-ate-fundraising-challenges pack to get you started!
Also see the Action Challenge website for challenge ideas to sign up to: http://www.actionchallenge.com/
The Accra International Marathon, Ghana.
Join the friendliest marathon on earth! The 11th annual Accra International Marathon will be held on the 28th October 2018. Whether you decide to walk, jog or run, what better way to see the south coast of Ghana than to test your endurance while raising funds!
Looking for a challenge closer to home? Why not gather a team of your best to take on the beautiful Peak District, with challenge options to suit all levels from 10km up to 100km it’s perfect for groups and families. The challenges take place on 21stnd and 22nd September 2018.
There are some excellent running challenges both at home and across Europe making it the perfect opportunity for a short city break!
- Run Hackney (20th May) – a half marathon that takes you through the trendy east London borough.
- Great Bristol 10k (13th May) – running under the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge will definitely make this event one to remember!
- Bath Half (4th March) – a nice flat run starting in the historic Roman town centre.
- Great North Run (9th September) – run along the Tyne river and iconic Tyne bridge, possibly with the Red Arrows passing overhead!
- Big 25 Berlin (13th May) – finish your run in style with a lap round the Olympic Stadium!
- Mizuno Half Marathon, Amsterdam (21st October) – a brilliant way of seeing the beautiful dutch city.
- Barcelona Half Marathon – less than a month away on 11th February 2017!
- Bath Family Fun Run is a great opportunity for the whole family! The 3/4 mile route takes place just after the Bath Half starts on 4th March so you’re guaranteed a vibrant atmosphere!
- RideLondon – Surrey 46 (27-29th July). This 46 mile bike ride is great for experienced cyclists as well as those looking to explore a new challenge!
- The Nightrider is an exciting and different challenge which allows you to cycle the city by night, with both 50km and 100km options. Taking place in London on 9/10th June, Glasgow on 19/20th May, and Liverpool 14/15th July.
- The Colour Run is described as the happiest 5k in the world taking you through a different colour zones where you can throw coloured powders over your friends and receive a good dusting in return! The Colour Run takes place in various locations across the UK over several dates, keep an eye on their website for details: https://thecolorrun.co.uk/
- The Dog Jog is an opportunity for the family dog to join in on the fun! This 5k challenge is held in 17 locations across the UK, to name just a few: Southampton on 15th July, London Crystal Palace on 27th October and in Victoria Park, London 28th October.
- Tough Mudder is one of the ultimate challenges, testing your strength, endurance and team work! This obstacle course can range between 5 and 12 miles with 13 to 20+ different obstacles for you and your team to tackle! Held in various locations across the country with special team entry prices, keep an eye on their website: https://toughmudder.co.uk/
Do any of these challenges inspire you? If so, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you through the registration process as well as providing all of the guidance and support detailed below.
Where we can, ATE will:
You might consider:
Telling people about ATE and our programmes, why you are raising money for ATE and how the funds will help to continue ATE‟s work with vulnerable people in Lawra, Upper West, Ghana, to reduce poverty.
Keeping us up to date on your progress as you put yourself through your paces!
Past physical challenge fundraisers:
Nicky Riley – Ride London 46 (Aug 2017)
James Higgins – Ultra Marathon (May 2017)
David Stock – The Great South Run (Oct 2016)
Leela Shanti – Thames Bridges Trek (Sept 2016)
YouGov Three Peaks Challenge (May 2015)
Our Big Ride cycling challenge (May-June 2015) – £9,490 raised for ATE and MacMillan Cancer Support https://ourbigride.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/the-route/