Info about fundraising challenges for ATE
Thank you for considering Action Through Enterprise (ATE) as your/your team’s chosen charity to raise money for through a physical fundraising challenge.
Download the get-involved-about-ate-fundraising-challenges pack to get you started!
Also see the Action Challenge website for challenge ideas to sign up to: http://www.actionchallenge.com/
The Accra International Marathon, Ghana.
Join the friendliest marathon on earth! The 11th annual Accra International Marathon will be held on the 29th October 2017. Whether you decide to walk, jog or run, what better way to see the south coast of Ghana than to test your endurance while raising funds!
There are some excellent running challenges both at home and across Europe making it the perfect opportunity for a short city break!
- Run Hackney (30th April) – a half marathon that takes you through the trendy east London borough.
- Great Bristol 10k (7th May) – running under the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge will definitely make this event one to remember!
- Bath Half (12th March) – a nice flat run starting in the historic Roman town centre.
- Great North Run (10th September) – run along the Tyne river and iconic Tyne bridge, possibly with the Red Arrows passing overhead!
- Big 25 Berlin (14th May) – finish your run in style with a lap round the Olympic Stadium!
- Mizuno Half Marathon, Amsterdam (15th October) – a brilliant way of seeing the beautiful dutch city.
- Barcelona Half Marathon – less than a month away on 5th February 2017!
- Bath Family Fun Run is a great opportunity for the whole family! The 3/4 mile route takes place just after the Bath Half starts on 12th March so you’re guaranteed a vibrant atmosphere!
Looking for a challenge closer to home? Why not gather a team of your best to take on the beautiful Peak District, with challenge options to suit all levels from 10km up to 100km it’s perfect for groups and families. The challenges take place on 22nd and 23rd September 2017.
- RideLondon – Surrey 46 (30th July). This 46 mile bike ride is great for experienced cyclists as well as those looking to explore a new challenge!
- The Nightrider is an exciting and different challenge which allows you to cycle the city by night, with both 50km and 100km options. Taking place in London on 10/11th June, Bristol on 1st/2nd July, and Liverpool 15/16th July.
- The Colour Run is described as the happiest 5k in the world taking you through a different colour zones where you can throw coloured powders over your friends and receive a good dusting in return! The Colour Run takes place in London 11th June, in Manchester 1st July, and in Brighton 23rd September.
- The Dog Jog is an opportunity for the family dog to join in on the fun! This 5k challenge is held in 17 locations across the UK, to name just a few: Southampton on 23rd July, London Crystal Palace on 28th October and in Victoria Park, London 29th October.
- Tough Mudder is one of the ultimate challenges, testing your strength, endurance and team work! This obstacle course can range between 5 and 12 miles with 13 to 20+ different obstacles for you and your team to tackle! Held in various locations across the country, special team entry prices are available until 26th January!
Do any of these challenges inspire you? If so, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you through the registration process as well as providing all of the guidance and support detailed below.
Where we can, ATE will:
You might consider:
Telling people about ATE and our programmes, why you are raising money for ATE and how the funds will help to continue ATE‟s work with vulnerable people in Lawra, Upper West, Ghana, to reduce poverty.
Keeping us up to date on your progress as you put yourself through your paces!
Past physical challenge fundraisers:
David Stock – The Great South Run (Oct 2016 – open to donations till 23/01/2017)
Leela Shanti – Thames Bridges Trek (Sept 2016)
YouGov Three Peaks Challenge (May 2015)
Our Big Ride cycling challenge (May-June 2015) – £9,490 raised for ATE and MacMillan Cancer Support https://ourbigride.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/the-route/